The communication department is available to the media for their requests (interviews, reports, filming, etc.) and ensures that journalists are provided with effective and rapid support in the exercise of their mission to provide information.
The communications department will relay media requests to the appropriate specialist insofar as they relate to Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc. The staff members reserve the right to refuse any request.
Media representatives must contact the communication department and obtain prior authorization before entering the Cliniques' buildings.
The communications department does not accept requests for filming that do not relate directly to the activities of Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc. Given the growing demand for this type of filming (sets, medical environments, operating theatres, etc.), our institution is careful to preserve the comfort of patients and the staff members who care for them.
Please address your requests to Sylvain Bayet, press officer, email@example.com - Tel. +32 2 764 11 45
Please note: this line is dedicated to the media only. All other requests must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications about patients
The media must take into account certain limits inherent to the respect of patients' privacy.
- The hospital will at all times consider the protection of the privacy of its patients and their intimacy as a priority. The communication department, as well as all healthcare professionals, will not comment on the health status of any individual patient.
- Under no circumstances will the communication department comment on whether or not a patient is present in the hospital.
- Nor will the ommunications department act as an intermediary between media representatives and a hospitalized patient. Only the protection of a patient's privacy and intimacy will justify the intervention of the communication service in a relationship established between the patient and one or more media representatives.
- The hospital stay can be a stressful time for patients and their families. At these times, Saint-Luc's priority is to provide quality care. Patients and their families may not wish to have any contact with the media. This wish must be respected.
- A patient's consent to the broadcasting of his or her image cannot be presumed by virtue of his or her presence at the filming location. His or her consent must be obtained before any broadcasting.